Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Jerome De Perlinghi - Check Him Out

Jerome De Perlinghi - Check Him Out 5 years 9 months ago #1

• DamnRedneck
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 22
Yesterday I went to an exhibit opening at the Maria V. Howard Center for the Arts where I currently have a picture on display. Never been to this place before. It's housed in the Imperial Center in Rocky Mount NC along with a planetarium , theater and kids science museum. The first thing I saw when walking in was a pretty substantial exhibit of vintage camera gear. Yes this art center is photography friendly as was evidenced in the number of photographs in their annual multi media National Juried Exhibit.
Anyhow I took my son and we got there early enough to check things out before the reception and awards. Plenty of painting and sculpture and in the gallery adjacent to the one I'm hanging in was a huge exhibit by Jerome De Perlinghi titled " Cities of the Rust Belt". De Perlinghi spent 2 years documenting Great Lakes industrial cities in decay. He blends documentary and street with art photography very nicely. His environmental portraiture has a signature feel and he has a great eye for composition in his industrial work. This is apparently his first color exhibit and there is a B&W exhibit of his work from a trip to Africa in another of the Center's galleries.
I'm always interested in contemporary photographers who use mostly traditional techniques rather than digital manipulation and De Perlinghi certainly fits that M/O.
Here is a link to his website , www.jeromedeperlinghi.com/
Check out his portfolios and enjoy!
Errr almost forgot , the "Still Lifes" portfolio is really not work / kid safe
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by DamnRedneck.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Jerome De Perlinghi - Check Him Out 5 years 9 months ago #2

• Friendly Photon
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 56
  • Honor Medal
Some of his work invokes some very strong emotions. I was especially impressed with the Katrina portfolio, some pretty powerful stuff in there (I skipped over the dead cat real quick, though).
Photons are your friends! :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds