Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Help! Brainstorming needed, PLEASE

Help! Brainstorming needed, PLEASE 6 years 7 months ago #1

• rmtagg
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 10
Ok, I need thinking caps on right now :) Was just called by my local Bertucci's restaurant who would like to do a promotion together. Basically a photo shoot at their location. So who has some suggestions or ideas for the shoot? The shoot is not about their food. It's about getting people in for something different and attracting attention. I see brainstorming in my immediate future! Most of you know I shoot a lot of boudoir and of course that is out of the question, lol
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by rmtagg.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help! Brainstorming needed, PLEASE 6 years 7 months ago #2

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
Hmmm...the first things that come to mind to me are:

1. How familiar are you with that restaurant? How do you think of it/feel about it?

2. If you haven't gone there before you should do so unannounced and let your mind wander a bit.

3. Sounds like staging several scenes, one or two outside with say a couple deciding to go in or, a romantic table for two with a rose in a glass and one of there servers. Something like that. Message - this is a place for events.

4. If this is a less than serious place, perhaps some buffoonery of the staff and guests type shots. Message - this is a fun place.

5. Talk to the staff to get ideas for scenes. How do they view themselves with customers? Who do they perceive are their target market customers?

6. If they have a logo, could that be staged in the restaurant?

7. This may come from watching too many Chef Gordon Ramsey TV shows, but talk to some of their diners about how they perceive the place. Also are there reviews of it in local papers or, god forbid, yelp.com.

This question is, at it's core, a marketing question. When you gather some or all of this info, the needed photos will be very simple to do.

Help! Brainstorming needed, PLEASE 6 years 7 months ago #3

• mikeSF
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 49
  • Honor Medal
I immediately thought, "UNDERWEAR NIGHT!"
OK, I will shut up now.

Help! Brainstorming needed, PLEASE 6 years 7 months ago #4

• tiffpix
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 33
There are also some great food photography articles out there that I've read recently. And one from Strobist about setting up 2 guys having dinner in their own restaurant. I liked the look of the shot. Check FPZ's From the Web section for the food articles and here's the Strobist article.

Help! Brainstorming needed, PLEASE 6 years 7 months ago #5

• DamnRedneck
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 22
Hi Rosemary, Never heard of Bertucci's before but after doing a web search it looks kinda nuvelle Italian chain. Am I correct? I'm thinking cross between Olive Garden and Carraba's with a regional touch?
If I'm close in that assumption I'd consider doing a " Where Old World Meets New" theme. You do a great job with your vintage look processing . Maybe some prohibition years / gangster hats & props.
There was a super Italian restaurant on the Intracoastal Waterway in North Miami that I used to go to with several of my clients. The place really was a speakeasy back in the day. Original bar , waite staff dressed in classic uniforms. pictures and decor spanning decades. I always wanted to do a B&W shoot there .
Or you could just do like Mike said.
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by DamnRedneck.

Help! Brainstorming needed, PLEASE 6 years 7 months ago #6

• blackcloudbrew
  • Founding Member
  • Thank Yous Received 86
  • Honor Medal
So...RM was this a help?
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds